Want to know about the stolen packages from outside of your house, scratches on your car, or to keep an eye on the unfamiliar activity happening around your house.
The best solution that comes to our mind is installing an outdoor security camera. But does it work? Installing a CCTV camera outside of your house may not prevent big crimes.
But they seem to be very helpful in preventing burglars from breaking into your house and also reducing vehicle crimes, especially in the parking spot of the house.
if you can relate, then it’s time to invest in an outdoor security camera for your home so that you can take care of your loved one and your stuff while at your home or away from your home.
That’s why you must read this article. Because in this article I have included the best outdoor security camera system for home.
In addition, I have covered a buying guide. That will let you know what things you need to keep in mind while choosing an outdoor security camera for your home.
Are You In Hurry? Then take a look below
If you are in hurry and have no time to read the entire article. Then you can simply go with this wireless outdoor security camera by Boavison.
Because it is Outdoor Weatherproof, well tested for every weather, and gives you a 360° view and a wireless camera, you can easily access and operate it with the help of WiFi.
The best thing is it comes with the features like HD 1080p footage, Two Way Talk, Motion Detection, Auto Tracking, and full-color night vision. That’s how it becomes a good choice for the best outdoor security camera system for home.
Buying Guide For Best Outdoor Security Camera System For Home
A lot of security cameras are available in the market. But not all can do the same thing especially if you are searching for some important & advanced features.
That’s why you need to check out some important points and keep them in your mind while choosing the best outdoor security camera system for your home.
- Video Quality: Having a security camera requires good video quality otherwise there is no logic if the video is blurry and things are unidentifiable, so make sure to go with a camera that has 1080p video quality and must have night vision so that it can be useful in the dark too.
- Connectivity: Security cameras can be wired or wireless but when it comes to easy installation & portability wireless works well, but still you will need to plug them in a power socket to on them because there are plenty of cameras that are not battery powered.
- Data Storing: There are some ways you can store your video. Some provide limited cloud storage and some give you the option of a cloud subscription. It’s up to you what is suitable for you, but make sure the camera has a micro SD port or a USB port so that you can easily store your video locally if you want.
- Motion & Sound Detection: These are the good features that come in handy when there is motion detected in the sensor and it also plays the siren and sends a push alert to your device whenever the activity is taking place. Same with Sound Detection. Also, check if the two-way audio feature is provided.
- Smart Device Support: Nowadays Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are making processes easy with voice commands. If you have plans for home automation now or in the future then you must check this feature.
- Weatherproof: Outdoor cameras are different from indoor cameras they are meant to withstand every weather so make sure it does have an IP (Ingress Protection) rating of 65-66 at least.
7 Best Outdoor Security Camera System For Home
I hope you have understood the important points of a security camera. Now, this is time to have one of them. There is the list below I have prepared for you.
The products list below is not ranked from top to bottom. Numbers are just used for easy navigation.
1. Pan Tilt 360° View Spotlight Camera By Soliom
Pan tilt means you can easily control the home security cameras from Soliom APP to rotate it 320° horizontally and 90° vertically, so that you can cover every part of your house.
The best thing is this security camera is 1080p full HD and comes with motion detection and spotlight color night vision.
This camera even sees through the dark up to 32 feet in very low light conditions. Because it has 4 pieces of white LEDs capturing clear colorful videos at night.
You know what, it is very irritating when your camera gives false alarms because of low-quality motion sensors.
And there you go with the problem solver. This security camera is inbuild with PIR Motion detection which means this camera uses a highly sensitive PIR motion sensor with accurate software pixel analysis technology.
To control and reduce false alarms and also captures all human movements steadily at a 120° detecting angle.
You can choose to save all your videos on a micro SD card or on cloud storage. (A one-month free trial) You can replay and download it directly through the app.
Now with this security camera forget the tension of plugin it or changing the batteries. this outdoor security camera is 100% wireless and easy to install.
Comes with an extensible rechargeable battery & solar-powered with larger solar which gives you a reliable and powerful wireless security camera system in your yard.
- Weather Resistant between -4℉ to 140℉ (-20℃～+60℃).
- Accurate PIR sensor with an angle of 155° and Range of more than 18ft.
- Adjustable solar panels and camera angle with wall mounting base.
- The camera only supports 2.5GHz Wi-Fi.
2. Two-Way Audio Video Doorbell By Blink
Would you agree? if I say, the entrance of your home means everything. Then welcome your visitors and protect what matters the most with this Video Doorbell.
Either you’re working or busy somewhere else. This video doorbell lets you see whoever is at your doorstep with features like.
Two-way audio, chimp app alerts, day-night HD videos, and long-lasting battery life.
Your Home is in your hands.
No matter where you are. Just answer your door from your smartphone with 1080p HD day and infrared night videos.
Also, get alerts when any motion is detected or someone presses the Doorbell.
Designed for your convenience. Go wire-free! set up by yourself in minutes just by inserting two AA lithium batteries (Included with the product) and connecting to the Wi-Fi from the app.
You can store videos on cloud storage and local storage. But you will have to buy a Blink subscription plan 30-day free trial, then buy the subscription just for $3 per month.
To save your clips locally you will need the Sync Module 2 USB flash drive (sold separately).
- Works with Alexa.
- Fully wireless. So no worries about bulky wires
- Flexible settings to fit most needs and installations.
- They claim 2 years of battery life, but it depends on the location and activity. So you will not get the claimed battery life.
3. Wireless HD Security Camera System By Hiseeu
You have already seen (3) single-camera systems above. But what if you have a big yard and many other places at your home to be secured & covered.
This security system by Hiseeu is a 4-channel camera system and expandable up to 8 channels.
Now, what does it mean?
This 4-channel NVR (network video recorder) comes with 4 individual security cameras connected to the system. Which is expandable to up to 8 cameras.
So that means if you have any plan in the future to add more cameras to your house you can easily connect them to the NVR at no extra cost.
It is very easy to set up and DIY installation. NVR means wireless connection, but it still needs to work with a power cable.
These Wi-Fi cameras are already paired with NVR at the manufacturing hub. Just simply set up, and connect the power cable. Finally, power on and keep your house safe with 24/7 surveillance, truly plug and play.
- View the live video remotely anytime and anywhere by smartphone or PC at no extra cost.
- 2K Ultra-HD Stunning videos, 65ft night vision, and AI human detection.
- One Way Audio. You can not talk but can listen to what people are talking about.
- The application is not so advanced. It is ordinary.
4. Outdoor Wireless Dome Camera For Home By Boavision
Outdoor weatherproof, well tested for every weather. Gives you a 360° view and a wireless camera, so you can easily access and operate it with the help of Wi-Fi.
With this camera, you get a 1080P IP camera. It gives you full HD images day and night. Which makes it also one of the best outdoor security camera system for home.
This enhances the night vision and covers up to 100FT wide range. Useful for open areas like front & back yard, parking spot, and garage.
Either on your work table or busy somewhere else, just listen and talk back through the built-in microphone and speaker. Which works directly with your iPhone or Android Mic.
With an advanced motion tracking feature, this camera will auto-adjust the pan & tilt rotation, after locking the target.
After tracking moving objects, humans, cars, and pets it will send you push alerts through email or notifications to your smartphones.
You can also set up both, 24/7 recording or record only when motion is detected.
- SD card supported up to 128GB.
- This Wi-Fi camera allows up to 64 users to live stream at a time.
- Comes with a floodlight camera & siren alarm. Floodlight will be automatically on when motion is detected.
- It’s not battery-powered. So you would still need to connect the power cord.
5. Reolink Lumus 1080P HD Plug-in Wi-Fi Security Camera
This Reolink Lumus camera provides you with full-color night vision footage for up to 33ft and captures smooth, crystal-clear videos. because it is equipped with CMOS image sensors and spotlights built-in.
So it becomes easy for you to see the more valuable detailed videos to identify people, vehicles, and other objects at night.
To Easily filter out unwanted alerts. You can set motion zones via Reolink App. So you will only receive alerts that matter the most. And unwanted events in other areas will not be detected.
You’ll get instant alerts and push notifications on its app whenever the motion is spotted. To let you inform that someone is approaching your house.
Also, with its custom voice alarm and a powerful loud siren, you can easily deter burglars from entering your house.
Reolink Lumus provides you with a Smart Home Integration feature. So you can easily control it with your voice. Just use the voice command. Compatible with both Alexa and Google Assistant.
- you can access the camera with your family members at the same time.
- Supports micro SD cards up to 128GB.
- The camera is always ready for extreme environments with IP65 certification.
- Although it is wireless. But it is not a battery-powered camera so it needs power from an electric socket to function.
6. Weather Resistant Outdoor Wireless HD Security Camera By Blink
Easy installation, 1080p footage, and long battery life make this security camera a good choice for anyone looking for the best outdoor security camera system for home.
The camera delivers sharp daytime video and accurate alerts when motion is detected.
It also lets you see whoever is at your doorstep from anywhere from the Blink app. You can hear and talk back with the help of Two-way audio. Even if you’re not, it feels like being at home
For your convenience. Go wire-free! set it up by yourself in minutes just by inserting two AA lithium batteries (Included with the product) and connecting to the Wi-Fi from the app.
And you are good to go.
Store videos on cloud storage and local storage. But you will have to purchase a Blink subscription plan (30-day free trial) and then buy the subscription just for $3 per month.
You will need the Sync Module 2 USB flash drive (sold separately) to save your clips locally.
- It works with Alexa.
- Local and cloud storage options are available.
- Easy installation.
- It does not support Google Assistant and HomeKit.
7. Best Outdoor Security Camera System For Home By LaView
This outdoor camera is perfect for those who want to keep an eye on their property when they’re not at home.
It has a 130° wide-angle lens to capture a wide view of your surroundings, and it’s compatible with Alexa and other smart home devices.
You can also share access to the camera with multiple family members. The camera is also equipped with motion detection, so you can be sure that you’ll be notified when something is happening.
For video storage, you have two options either use a micro SD card or a cloud server. Their server is located in the US, so you can avoid the risk of video data loss.
Its IR night vision can see up to 39 ft. And ensure a high-quality view of your home even in the dark.
- IP65 Weatherproof.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Two-way audio.
- Works only on 2.5Ghz Wi-Fi.
Wrap Up On 7 Best Outdoor Security Camera System For Home
keeping our houses safe is our responsibility. In which we can take the help of modern technology, just by installing a security camera.
I agree it will not prevent big creams but still, we can take a step towards the safety of our loved ones.
However, selecting the best outdoor security camera is not that easy.
That’s why you should check out all those important points, which I have already given above, before choosing the best outdoor security camera system for home.
Don’t forget to check out the best outdoor security camera system for home which I have added above.
FAQ: Best Outdoor Security Camera System For Home
Finding the best camera for your home is not that easy. which is why people sometimes get confused. So I have added some of the commonly asked questions in this article to provide appropriate answers.
Q1. Do Home Security Cameras Prevent Theft?
Ans: It is obvious that security cameras can not deter 100 percent of crime, but a lot of studies have found that security cameras are useful in deterring and reducing crime overall.
Q2. What type of outdoor security camera is best?
Ans: There are many types of cameras available on the market wired, and wireless, which work on a battery or power cord. It’s up to you what is convenient for you but make sure you check out all factors I have mentioned in the buying guide before actually buying them.
Q3. Difference between surveillance cameras and security cameras?
Ans: In simple words, we can say security cameras are the smaller version of surveillance cameras. Most security cameras work when a motion is detected or when you want to record and videos are stored locally most times. But on the other hand surveillance cameras are meant to record 24/7 which normally works on IP networks. And link the remote area to an assigned location.