For many people mold is imply an inconvenience. It is nothing more to them than a messy, unsightly mess that needs to be cleaned up. However, they are severely underestimating just how destructive and dangerous mold can truly be.
Year after year mold does millions and millions of dollars in property damage and racks up almost as much in hospital bills because people underestimate just what the unsightly splotches on their walls are capable of. Here are some mold facts that will let you know just how bad mold is and how you can get rid of it in your home or business.
Mold is something that can only grow in hot and moist environments. Without moisture it is absolutely impossible for mold to grow. This is why you will more often than not find mold growing in places such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, attics and basements.
Most mold infestations are the results of water damage, either by improper ventilation in the kitchen and bathroom, or a roof leak that has been slowly leaking into the attic for months, or even years without you knowing it was there. It can also be caused by flood damage, and these event’s you hear about in the news, but they are small numbers in comparison to the day to day things that your local disaster restoration company must deal with on a daily basis.
These are places in your home where a high volume of water and heat pas through simultaneously and they are the perfect places for mold to grow. Another place where mold can grow to almost insane proportions is in the attic. In the attic there is a supply of moisture in the form of the leaky roof and when a hot day occurs the right conditions for mold growth are created.
If you want to be able to get rid of the mold in your home or business then you can do that one a small level. The first thing you need to be doing to prevent mold is to keep your building well ventilated and dry.
As previously mentioned it is absolutely impossible for mold to grow without moisture so cutting off its supply will ensure that no more can grow. In order to ventilate the building you can open up some windows. If you are looking to dry it out then you should use a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier will take the moisture out of the area and make it impossible for mold growth.
You can get rid of surface level mold by using regular store bought cleaners. Just make sure the cleaners you use are made to handle mold. You do want to be sure and use rubber gloves and a facial cover such as a respirator to clean.
This will keep you from coming into contact with the nasty and toxic black mold spores. You want to do a thorough job of scrubbing, wiping, and drying the area that you are cleaning so that you do not risk the mold coming back.
One of the best ways to ensure that mold is completely and totally eradicated in your home is to call in a professional who specializes in mold remediation. A professional knows how mold grows. They understand how it spreads.
And most importantly they will be able to take care of the mold in a timely and efficient manner. They understand that you need to get your home back to normal quickly and that it means getting the mold out of there faster than it got there.…